- Buy local honey.
- Do not kill honey bees they do not want to hurt you.
- Do not use pesticides (bug killer)
in your yard!
- Plant nectar and pollen-producing
flowers like: Geraniums, Iris,
Foxglove, Cosmos, Zinnia, Sunflowers, Dahlias, Asters, Marigolds, Hyacinths,
Crocuses, Daisies, Daffodils, Tulips, or
- Plant flowers in colors that bees
can see: Blue, Purple, Orange,
They cannot see Red.
- Grow flowers that bloom over a range
of seasons. This way, there will be food for the bees year-round.
plants native to your area in your yard and garden.
a beekeeper! Join 4-H or a local Beekeeping
club and start keeping bees.
you are a beekeeper, mentor a new-bee or become a 4-H leader.