Help the Bees
- Buy local honey.
- Do not kill honey bees they do not want to hurt you.
- Do not use pesticides (bug killer) in your yard!
- Plant nectar and pollen-producing flowers like: Geraniums, Iris, Foxglove, Cosmos, Zinnia, Sunflowers, Dahlias, Asters, Marigolds, Hyacinths, Crocuses, Daisies, Daffodils, Tulips, or Catnip
- Plant flowers in colors that bees can see: Blue, Purple, Orange, and Yellow. They cannot see Red.
- Grow flowers that bloom over a range of seasons. This way, there will be food for the bees year-round.
- Grow plants native to your area in your yard and garden.
- Become a beekeeper! Join 4-H or a local Beekeeping club and start keeping bees.
- If you are a beekeeper, mentor a new-bee or become a 4-H leader.